Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Hour 7.11.11

Great Happy Hour last night... I think we set a record: all 4 working press (including the little Vandercook 0 proof press) were in use!! I don't think I've ever seen that before! 

Here's a shot of everyone in action:

Beck's project for the night was printing a poster for a fundraiser event for the DC Abortion Fund:
I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of the finished print!

Aly was working on some personal stationery for her and her husband. I liked the effect of the hand-inking:


Newcomers Eric Kerby and Lindsay Block experimented with typesetting for the first time and then printed on the Vandercook 0 (they had taken my Photopolymer class last month):
 
Fellow Photopolymer classmate Laura McLean did the same:


Here are Laura's prints... really impressed with the way she was able to ink so cleanly and register so nicely!

Lauren Emeritz printed some business cards on the C&P. She also brought in this ingenious drying rack that she made at home:


Using Beck's hot pink ink, Erika Pfeiler printed some note cards:

And lastly, here's a photo of my hand-inked prints of my very first linocut!

I had an awesome time and hope everyone else did too! Next Happy Hour is on Monday July 25. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment